November 28, 2006

1:37 PM: waiting

They that wait upon the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
(Isaiah 40:31)


I'm going to tell you a secret: I'm terrible at waiting.

Well, okay, you probably know that's not a secret. The secret is this: last week I let a friend convince me to sign up on this free online dating site. My first reaction was to scoff. Then she said she'd made some friends, and I reluctantly allowed myself to start thinking, "well, maybe..." So I went to the site and filled out all their stupid questions and for a couple days, it was something interesting to do while I was at home on vacation. But it didn't take long to get tired of the lame emails from weirdos who obviously didn't read anything I wrote, since half of them were calling me "babe" or asking about hooking up. I've always been anti-online-dating, because it's just weird. But now I'm serious. It's out of my system. And I'm out of their system.

I'm going to wait on the Lord now. I know I've told other people that it's when you stop looking that the right one shows up. It's time to take my own advice and let God take care of the details. I'm going to stop thinking about boys and start focusing on what really brings joy. Because in the boy-vs.-joy battle, joy is always the winner. Because it lasts forever.

Labels: ,

1 Comments

1 Responses to “waiting”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    good for you.

    We can wait together!!!


    jdn99  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|