October 25, 2007

1:26 PM: one liner

I was about nine or ten, and Mom was driving me to town. We were driving along and singing with the radio, as we usually did, when she laughed at the lyrics I was singing that I had apparently made up. It was a Cathedrals song, and I can only remember one line--the wrong way and the right way. I was singing "a fire in the weather makes a little poor child come alive." She said the actual lyrics were "a fire in the winter," but I didn't believe her, and as a matter of fact, I'm still not sure I do.

For some reason, that one line kept running through my head this morning as I was waking up. I haven't heard the song in 15 years, probably, but that line has been stuck in my head all day. I tried Google, but I can't find it based on either the correct or incorrect lyrics. I'm starting to think we both made it up. It's driving me crazy that I can't find it anywhere, that I can't remember the title, and that I might never really know the actual lyrics. Besides, having one fuzzy line of a song stuck in my head is only adding to the fun of my bored-to-death-with-being-home-sick week.

And now I'm thinking maybe "little poor child" should be "little cold child." Then again, "little frozen child" would make the most sense, but it definitely doesn't fit the music (which you can't hear, because it apparently only exists in my head). And if I had a little cold child that was barely alive, I think I'd try a hot bathtub before I dumped him in a fire. I think this might be the beginning of lunacy.

Labels:

5 Comments

5 Responses to “one liner”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Maybe you should ask your Mom.  

  2. # Blogger Shannon

    What fun would that be? Besides, she's probably where I got my crazy.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    "I need you, Lord
    Like a man in the desert need a drink just to help him survive

    I need you, Lord
    Like a fire in the winter makes a little cold child come alive

    I need you, Lord
    When I`m tired of the struggle and it`s too tough to walk all alone

    Cause I just can`t make it by myself, by my self
    I just canĀ“t make it by myself"

    http://www.desertflower.se/2006/01/31/refrang/  

  4. # Blogger Amanda, Ian, Addison, Aiden, and Isaiah

    Odaijini!!! Please take care! Feel better soon! *Hugs*  

  5. # Blogger Shannon

    Yay!

    Finder of the truth, identify yourself!  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|