August 21, 2007

7:21 PM: miles and miles

I haven’t heard anything yet from the Beautiful Club. But since we’re on the topic of beautiful...

A couple days ago I heard a friend do a cover of a popular mainstream song--but before she did, she invited us to listen to the lyrics and hear God whispering to our hearts.

She talked about little girls in Asia who become prostitutes… maybe because they don’t have any choice… maybe because they don’t have any hope… maybe because it’s the only thing that makes them feel loved and useful. I’m glad we’re in America and girls aren’t reduced to selling their bodies. But even here, we sell ourselves out. Girls like you, girls like me. We’re born with a need to be held and loved and appreciated and once we’re too old to get that kind of affection from our parents, we start looking for it everywhere else. And when that need isn’t filled physically, we start to get emotionally needy, too. I need people to love me, and what will I do to get it? I don’t sell my body, but maybe sometimes I sell my soul. And for what? Things that are fleeting, always. All the while, God is waiting, and he’s patient, and he’s willing to stand in the rain on my corner… waiting for me to tap on his window and be loved.

I don’t mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved.
Tap on my window, knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful.

Labels:

0 Comments

0 Responses to “miles and miles”

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|