June 27, 2007

9:53 AM: twenty-eight

It's a new year! I'm 28 and 1 day old now, and it's time to get happy. I think yesterday was a turning point in my attitude. I've been laying around in a funk for awhile, and I guess I just needed someone to pull me out of it and show me happy again. Well, my friends came through (I shouldn't be surprised--they always do!) and I'm feeling so much more like Shannon again today.

Recall the hug project. My friends decided to take it to the next level and turn my normal, boring cubicle into a huggy one. There were little hugging people (including some with Hugh Grant heads) strung up all over the place. They made a special Hug Board (see on the right) to keep track of my birthday hugs. I got 28 (that's how many I am!) at work and four more later.

Jen made the most amazing (and beautiful) cake ever. Everyone thought it was from a real bakery. Well, it was. The Jen Bakery is my favorite.

I got about nine voicemails from Hugh Grant, aka Mark. I feel very Britishly loved.

Then I had dinner and some game-playing with my best friends.

Mom and Dad sent the most perfect card. Laurie, Allan, and Dave all remembered. It was a good day. And today is happy, too. I'm staying out of the slump.

Thanks, everyone. I have the greatest friends (and family). I know how fortunate I am. I love you all.

Click for pictures:
birthday 07

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments

4 Responses to “twenty-eight”

  1. # Blogger Shannon

    I so glad to hear you had a great birthday and you are feeling happier in general. Twenty-eight WILL be a great year! :)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm glad you enjoyed your huggy birthday. We figured that would speak your love language :) That reminds me--I forgot to get my hug from you this morning! I'll grab you (literally, haha) after lunch :)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy, happy 28th girl!

    Love ya!

    Patty  

  4. # Blogger Amanda, Ian, Addison, Aiden, and Isaiah

    Hugs from Tokyo!  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|