November 20, 2007

5:05 PM: thanks, day 1

Giving Thanks, Day 1

I'm done with work for the week, so the holiday has officially begun. And I'm thankful for that! So since it's Thanksgiving week, I'm going to do my best to really be truly thankful for all the blessings in my life. I'm going to come up with two things I'm thankful for each day for the rest of the week, and I'm starting today.

+ Jesus, of course.
Where would I be without my Lord? He has brought me through so much already in my life. I'd go through all my painful things again just to experience waking up on that day when he healed my heart. He always comes through, and he'll do it again. And again. And again.

+ My mother
I lived a lot of years before I realized what a blessing my mom is. I think I just assumed that all mothers were the same and they were all like mine. But then, a few years ago, people (yep, that's plural) started telling me how lucky I was to have a mother like mine, and I started to realize that everyone doesn't have the same blessings and all moms aren't as special as mine. Not all mothers care. They don't all listen and advise and trust and believe in and encourage and pray for their kids. They don't all make their children feel happy and loved even on their loneliest days. They're certainly not all funny, even though they might try to be. But mine does all these things and a lot more, so I could never be thankful for anything more than I am for my mom.

I want to keep going, but I want to spread out my thankfulness this week so I don't go forgetting about all my blessings. I'll be back.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments

0 Responses to “thanks, day 1”

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|