November 22, 2007

4:25 PM: thanks, day 3

Giving Thanks, Day 3

Happy Thanksgiving Day! If you're reading this at all, you're probably my friend, so you should know I'm thankful for you in my life.

I'm sitting on the couch with too much food in my belly but just the right people around me. I'm even more content than yesterday, because Josh is here now and that just makes perfect even better. Is that possible? The kids are still loud and Daniel is still farting. But it's all a-ok.

+ The Walk
The Walk is my group of friends from church. We're like family and they have picked me up a million times when I've fallen. They are my community here and my closest friends. Through these people I've learned to feel and love and trust and know what it feels like to have friends you can really, truly count on.

+ Erin, Jen, and the Rest of My Work Friends
I've been so enormously blessed in the friends department. I remember when I was younger and had trouble making friends. I remember seeing groups of friends together doing stuff and wishing I had that. In the last few years, God has filled my friends cup to overflowing! When you see the same people eight hours a day, five days a week and you still like each other at the end of the day, you know they're special. Erin and Jen are a couple of my best listeners, and there are so many others who are always keeping me happy and positive and well-hugged. Sometimes, going to work is like a party every day.

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
-I Thessalonians 5:18

Labels: , ,

1 Comments

1 Responses to “thanks, day 3”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Aw! I got a shout-out! I feel famous :) I'm thankful for you too!!  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|