March 11, 2007

8:30 PM: spring fever

Perfect Sunday.

I had to get up a little earlier than usual, but I balanced it out with a nap. I went to church with Andy this morning and I'm starting to feel, suddenly, as though I have a family here. I am relishing the mom, dad, and grandma hugs; the lunch invitations from church people; the doxology singing; the family feeling... it felt like I think Sundays should feel. It's been awhile since I've felt that real Sunday feeling. The roast-and-backyard-football-game Sunday feeling.

And after all that, there was swinging at the park--one of my favorite things in the world. The first swing session of the year elated me. I love the swings, even though my butt is too big and the black rubber seat squeezes my hips enough to (probably) leave a mark. It's just such a happy activity.

My favorite forecast so far this year:
Tuesday, 68 and Sunny

Tuesday, I can't wait for you!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “spring fever”

  1. # Blogger ...carrie...

    How stinking cute is she!? :)  

  2. # Blogger Erin

    And you got kicked out of work early enough to enjoy it this time! Yay!  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|