January 01, 2007

12:35 PM: reflections

Mom says this year will be better because it's an odd year and I was born in an odd year. I don't get her logic but I'm willing to be hopeful. '06 wasn't all bad, though. I've certainly had worse. Aside from a little heartache, Lisa's cancer scare, and some surgery, there were lots of good things, too.

Like new friends. I made a collection of new friends this year, including Rob, who's still one of my best. The Walk grew a ton and I have new family there.










And there were friendships that grew stronger. Erin and I attained BWF status, and life's events brought me closer to friends like Libby, Anne, Tammie, and Jon. Lisa keeps teaching me to feel "out loud" every day, and I got to see Jill for the first time in a million years.











Though the surgery wasn't a high point, there was a high point there--I saw an outpouring of love from my friends and family and it was really special to know how much they care. It's this kind of thing that shows you who your true friends are. I didn't realize I had so many who fit so solidly into that category.


'06 brought changes at work. Some were good, some weren't, but adjusting to change has been a good lesson for me either way. Things are going to be different by the time I get back, but I guess that'll be a story for 2007, won't it? I feel fortunate to still love my work after all these years.

God has been good to me this year, in spite of how I've treated Him. I've been selfish and lazy and conceited. I've had lousy desires that didn't match His. I followed my own way lots of times instead of consulting with Him first. I sucked at spending time with Him. I had my focus on myself. Yet every day He was there catching me when I was falling (and failing).

So, it's resolution time again. I checked my archives, but I didn't post any last year. It would've been interesting to see if I'd actually kept any of them. Here's what I have in mind this year:
1. Seek God daily. Focus: my purpose.
2. Be more accepting of change. Learn to take hard stuff without making it personal, especially at work.
3. Be less selfish. Remember the world does not revolve around little me.
4. Write down what I spend and balance the checkbook, for goodness sake.
5. And, of course, get skinny again and feel good in my skin. This is going to be the year.

May this be a blessed year for all of you, my friends. I love you!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments

3 Responses to “reflections”

  1. # Blogger Erin

    I love what you said about God's faithfulness. What a good reminder. I'm so glad he's not only faithful to me when I have my crap together (which isn't very often).

    And I'm not one for resolutions usually (because I can never keep them), but amen to #3. My own selfishness has been staring me in the face lately, and it's gross. Happy New Year, BWF!  

  2. # Blogger ...carrie...

    I dont know that I even saw you in 2006. :( Let's make a resolution to see each other in 2007!  

  3. # Blogger Savannah K.

    Oh! I so enjoy reading your notes on life. May your life continue to be filled with bright optimism.  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|