April 17, 2007

9:28 PM: if you're happy and you know it

*clap, clap*

I know it's been a long, long time. It's been almost a month since I've taken the time to write anything here, and it's been a number of months since I've really sat down and done any meaningful writing at all. My routine has been all out of whack lately. Let me try to do some updating. I guess if you know me, you already know these things, but I feel disconnected from my blog, like it has feelings and I'm hurting them by being gone so long. I need to update. So for the sake of my blog's feelings, just read.

I guess I'll go with the bullet points. Not sure what's coming. These are the random thoughts on my mind these days. Might not make much sense. Sorry.
  • I'm happy. In fact, I think I might be happier right now than I've been at any other point in my life. There's something about this man--about this thing we are together--that makes me feel like life is right. I'm in love with him, I'm in love with his daughter, I'm in love with his family, I'm in love with us, and I'm in love with who I am when I'm under his spell. Maybe that's gross to read. I can't help it. I need to be honest with my blog.
  • About a week ago, I was buttoning up Allie's coat when she hugged me and said "I love you," completely unprompted. I am officially wrapped around the proverbial finger.
  • I'm going home to PA this weekend for the first time since Thanksgiving. Good grief, Charlie Brown! It's only a four hour trip. Why can't I seem to make it home more than twice a year?
  • My bedroom is finally painted. It's blue and brown, in case anyone wants to buy me some accessories. I think I'm done painting in this place.
  • My favorite Project Editor at my freelance job is leaving the company. I loved working for him, and I'm sad (but see first bullet point. Still happy!).
  • My dress for Lisa's wedding has been massively altered and actually fits. Now I have to get rid of my old-lady arms somehow.
  • I'm sick with that inner-ear thing again. I've been dizzy for three days in a row, and I'm ready to feel like I'm walking on solid ground again.
  • Do you know how fun bath toys can be? I was at World Market today and had to buy a bunch of them. I love having an excuse to buy toys now.
  • I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. Blah.
I could probably keep going, but is this really the place for mindless ramble?

I'll try to come back soon, Blog. My life is getting full, though. I want to make room for you. I will. I will!

Labels:

3 Comments

3 Responses to “if you're happy and you know it”

  1. # Blogger ...carrie...

    I am so happy you are so happy! And I am so happy you finally updated! :)  

  2. # Blogger Amanda, Ian, Addison, Aiden, and Isaiah

    Thanks for the update! So happy you are so happy!
    *hugs!*  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm so happy that you are happy!!! I can't wait to see you again at somepoint..which potentially will be at my wedding!!!! If you need suggestions of fun children's books to buy just ask!!:)  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|