June 17, 2007

6:21 PM: thoughts on father's day

Dear future Mr. Right-for-Me: Can you measure up to my dad?

Let me preface this by saying I know it's not exceptionally healthy. But the last day and a half--since the official end--I've been thinking occasionally about Mr. Right. I don't mean I'm out searching and I don't mean I want to try to heal my Andy-wounds with another guy. I'm not trying to market myself just yet, and I'm not signing up for dating sites. All I'm saying is that my view on the man market has changed all of a sudden. Yesterday I stopped at a gas station on my way home to PA and when I smiled up at the cashier--just friendly-like, of course--the in-a-relationship scales fell from my eyes and I remembered what it was like to immediately categorize every man who crosses my path: potential... not my type... available... wedding-ringed... . I don't do it on purpose. I guess it just comes with my single-woman-approaching-thirty nature.

And again, I'm not saying I'm out searching. But I have been thinking about this supposed Mr. Right. Mostly because when people attempt to comfort me about the breakup, they usually go for the big guns about how God has someone better for me and how amazing it will be when I find him. So it's not my fault. People keep reminding me about this man who is apparently out there somewhere just killing time until he gets to make me the happiest girl in the world. Hope he's ready. Seems like that can be a tall order sometimes.

What does he look like in my mind? I'm not sure yet, but I hope he's a whole lot like my dad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments

0 Responses to “thoughts on father's day”

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|