January 23, 2008

4:53 PM: boiling blood

I am in disbelief over this article about a "church" and their decision to picket Heath Ledger's funeral because of the homosexual role he played in Brokeback Mountain. How can these people believe in the same Christ of the Bible who loves his creation in the midst of our sin, who offers grace and mercy to all of his children? They have perverted the Word of God into hate when the message is supposed to be Love.

Sin's just separation, you know, and it's all the same.

Thanks a lot, Westboro Baptist "Church," for making true Bible-believing Christians look like hateful, disgusting, and miserable people with narrow minds and narrower hearts.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “boiling blood”

  1. # Blogger Michael Boswell

    I would not worry too much. Heath Ledger is a native of Perth, Australia. According to the news in Perth, his high school, guildford Grammar School, are holding a memorial service. the airfares and an old English crime will prevent any picketing.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    At least that "church" is appropriately recognized as a hate group. When I get pissed at this stuff, people (usually non-Christian friends) tell me that I shouldn't get upset because "most people know that not all Christians are like that."

    Really? I'm not so sure. I'm betting that my atheist father just put one more notch on his "reasons I think religion is dangerous" list.

    My blood's not quite boiling over this one, but it does make me feel really sad. That woman is crazy.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This same church was going to picket Camp Lejeune (my old base).

    http://www.witntv.com/enews/headlines/13862522.html

    This church and its members are a bunch of kooks!

    Patty  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|