December 20, 2006

8:12 PM: home

I'm home. Junior is dead!

I'm surviving. I'm in a good bit of pain, but hopefully it won't last too long. Sitting is really painful, but lying down and standing up are okay. Mom and Dad are taking good care of me. They're going to the store in a bit to find me one of those super-cool t-shirt night gowns so I don't have PJ pants rubbing on my incisions. My daddy brought me the cutest little kittens from the hospital gift shop--two of them that look just like my actual kitties. I thought it was sweet.

I have pictures, but I haven't scanned them yet. I'm not sure how many people are actually going to be interested in seeing my insides, so I don't know that I'll post them here. Let me know if you want to see and I'll give you a link. The cyst turned out to be bigger than they expected... almost double what they initially said. But they still managed to get it out laparoscopically, so thank God for that.

Everyone was very kind to me. And I've appreciated all of your calls and emails today. It feels so good to know I have so many people who care.

Labels:

5 Comments

5 Responses to “home”

  1. # Blogger ...carrie...

    I totally want to see all the pics! But you already knew that! Can't wait to compare scars!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I am so glad that you are doing ok. "This too shall pass."

    The whole thing with the descriptiveness (is that a word) of the cyst makes me want to puke! Yuck! BLEK!

    I was reading your blog when Bob called me, so I read it out loud to him and he said, "I really could've gone through life without knowing that." ;) He was grossed out too.

    So anyway...I"m glad that you will be as good as new by Christmas!

    Love you!
    Patty  

  3. # Blogger Doc

    Hang in there. It's great when moms and dads come take care of you. No matter how old you are, at times like this it's awesome to be with those who always come running in time of need. Sending all of my healing vibes your way.  

  4. # Blogger Amanda, Ian, Addison, Aiden, and Isaiah

    Oh, I'm totally up for a bit (more) grossness!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I don't know what made me go back and look at old posts of yours but.. I don't remember you going through this!!!

    must have been before we were in touch again... OR.. I am a REALLY bad friend and did know but have forgotten! POOP!!!

    glad it all turned out ok!  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|