December 12, 2006

8:04 PM: holes, part 2

More holes.

I've really been tested lately. I mean that both ways. Lots of medical tests lately... tests that are testing me.

Last Tuesday I received three holes from the doctor's office without a successful blood draw. Yesterday I received three more holes from the lab at the hospital (but at least with success in the end).

When I left the lab, I called my mom and I told her about my miserable experience, the tears, the sorrow, the shame of it all. After I'd told the story, I said I was glad it was finally over, and that I was never going back.

I jinxed myself, because it's now Tuesday and less than 24 hours after I'd said I'd never go back, I found myself sitting in the ER at Grady, crying about a blood test, an IV, barium to drink for a CT scan, and an impending surgery.

Thankfully, everyone was very kind to me. The doctor wasn't going to force me to drink the barium when he saw me in the middle of a panic attack. The nurse was sweet and told me it wasn't my fault I'm a big baby. ;) The IV guy made me laugh all through my tears as he was inserting my IV, which scared me to death. And then they gave me happy drugs, and I drank the gross stuff and did all their lousy tests, and they left me with a diagnosis of dermoid ovarian cyst... a nonmalignant 10-centimeter tumor growing on the side of my ovary with teeth and hair in it. Umm, weird. I'm still trying to read up on this and figure out just where the hair and teeth come from. So far I haven't found any answers.

Anyway, it's been a rough day. But I'm so thankful for all the people who care so much about me. Thank you to my best friends, Lisa and Rob, for leaving work in the middle of the day to come and rescue me and be the support I needed when I was freaking out. And to Pastor Chris for doing his job well. And to Mom for always listening when I call at obscene hours to whine about being sick. And to everyone else who has called today... there are so many of you. Thank you. I feel so special knowing all of you care. I love you!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments

3 Responses to “holes, part 2”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You know your friends are always there for you...

    -Robert  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Get better soon, Shan! We miss you!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey! It worked! It still wouldn't let me log in, but at least it let me post something. Yay!  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|