February 10, 2008

7:10 PM: catching up

Today I was sweeping cat hair off the floor and complaining about cat-owning, as usual. I love (as in "care about," not the gross, overly attached kind of love) my particular cats, but I'm not a cat lover in general. In fact, I'm not really into animals at all. I love children, though, so that makes me feel a little bit more like I have a heart. I am just not into little furry things that need attention and a portion of my salary to survive. Josh isn't into cats--even my particular ones. He keeps threatening to take off their collars and let them out. Sometimes I don't protest. Anyway. I was complaining and rolling my eyes and quietly wishing them away, and Josh said, "That's what I love most about you. You have cats, but you wish you didn't. Well, not most, but a lot." He was serious, and that made me laugh.

Here's my big news. I've decided to learn to cook. I have been resistant for many years now, but lately I've been feeling bad that I can never feed poor Josh anything when he comes over. He would be lucky if I even had any bread to make PB&J. So last week I made the big decision and I've been semi-functional in the kitchen since then. I sat down with cookbooks, picked things out, and went to the store. For the first time in my life, there's meat in my freezer. It's kind of exciting. There's a roast in my crockpot at this very moment. I hope it's okay, because I've been building up to this moment all week. It's the little things.

New project is finally starting at work this week. I can't wait. I've been counting down the days and I sort of feel like stopping before work at the party store for a hat and some noise-makers or something. The last year has been slow and my brain feels sort of mushy. I hope it can start sparking again.

On a shameful note, guess what started up this week? Paradise Hotel 2. Man!! I watched the first one way back in the day and I loved it. I didn't think they'd ever bring it back, but hello, PH Season 2! I feel so dirty!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments

4 Responses to “catching up”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Party hats would have been fun! I'm sorry I'm missing the party today :(  

  2. # Blogger LynnyLaur

    How was the roast, June Cleaver?  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    No credit for your sous-chef from a distance???????  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I have cats but wish I didn't too. : )  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|