« Home | Mark 10:9 » | joy kill » | news » | empty » | catching up » | moving on » | boiling blood » | newness » | the way to go » | christmasing »

May 23, 2008

12:21 PM: been awhile

I put $50 worth of gas in my car and it didn't fill the tank. I'm not sure how to exist in this world!

I know it's been awhile. I've been trying to force myself to be in a bloggy mood lately, but it hasn't worked. I want to write, but I don't want to write. Why? I don't know.

Marriage has been good. We're enjoying ourselves at least 98.5% of the time. The other 1.5% is spent mostly at work or in an occasional snit. But we like being normal. Sometimes he leaves notes for me on the bathroom mirror, and last night he brought me flowers.

Here's a few of the things I love about being married:
> No matter how long the day is, no matter how many things we have to do, no matter what keeps us apart for the daytime hours, I always get to crawl into bed beside my husband. And even if he falls asleep while I'm talking to him about my day, he's usually holding my hand as he does it, so it's still some kind of perfect.
> Everything matters on a different level now. The choices we make every day now affect each other, and I love thinking about that and making decisions together. Praying together about decisions, big or little, is fulfilling even before we hear the answer.
> Having more silverware has been amazing. For years I have been living on six forks, six spoons, and six knives. Suddenly, having a meal doesn't necessarily require washing a fork before I can eat. Yes!

A couple things that have been hard:
> Our friends and our church are the price we're paying for our decision. Seems to me it's the job of the church to lift up and encourage its people, and who needs that more than a newly married couple learning how to have a Christ-centered, successful marriage? So we're looking for a new church who will support and encourage. The great church search is a challenge, but it's sort of exciting, too.
> My dishwasher is tired. I swear I run it every day now. I'm not sure how one extra person can make such a difference!

In other news, lately most of my stress has been poured into the planning for the party. Next time I say I want to host a party, remind me that I hate planning! I love parties, though.

Early release from work today! I love holiday weekends.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments

7 Responses to “been awhile”

  1. # Anonymous Candace

    I love you to pieces! I'm so excited for you and Josh...and I can't wait to meet him!!! I'm hoping to get married soon and experience all that you have...but a job comes first! You're in my prayers!  

  2. # Anonymous Candace

    PS...Craig and I are in the church hunt as well...so keep us in your prayers!!  

  3. # Blogger Erin

    I want a job where I can spend 98.5% of my time enjoying my husband and only a fraction of the other 1.5% at work!

    ;)  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You haven't lost any friends. A true friend doesn't pull away if they think you are making a mistake, they hold you closer to make sure they are there for you. And true friends at least try to understand that God may lead you where they (or you) might not.  

  5. # Blogger Shannon

    Thank you, Anonymous. I know that is true, although it doesn't exactly make it easier to think some of them weren't true friends in the first place...

    I guess, though, it makes me cherish even more the friends who have been encouraging and shown us such amazing love and support. I know we are blessed.  

  6. # Anonymous cari

    Your relationship sounds perfect.. as 'perfect' as a relationship can be anyway. : )

    Pray that Timm and I start praying together and that we can find a church too!

    I think we should start a punk rock church here but in a town this size I don't think it would go over well.

    Going to school functions with blue in my hair has been interesting enough. : )

    I wish you two the best and I hope to meet Josh someday!  

  7. # Blogger Ronni

    I agree wholeheartedly agree with Anon. When Chris and I got divorced, guess who dumped me? The church "friends" once they realized they couldn't change my mind and force me to stay married. I guess my "sin" of divorce was too much for them, but they conveniently forgot about his sins which I won't go into on here. None of the married couples wanted me around because God forbid I taint their perfect relationships... can you tell I'm a little bitter still? Ha. Anyway, true friends will be happy for you and support your happiness. No, it's not easy. It hurts like 10,000 bananas, but in the long run, it'll be a blessing to you as you weed out the fakes and embrace the truth friends. You and Josh seem so happy together and I am glad for that. You deserve it.  

Post a Comment


About Me

    Name: Shannon
    Age: 29
    Occupation: Editor
    Identity: Child of God
    Location: Ohio
    Yahoo: shann_79

Links





© 2007 Shannon, the Writer of this Blog"

|